Monday, March 24, 2014

The Todd Morrison Alumni Tournament


 

Where to begin! It has been an amazing week! It still feels like a dream. The Fundraiser was life changing thanks to the Todd Morrison Alumni Basketball Tournament. It proved that there are good, kind, giving people in this world. Even total strangers. There was a silent auction where over 20 companies and individuals donated items or services. As I walked by the long line of tables with items for the auction, I was overcome by feelings of love and gratitude.

During halftime we got to go out on the court and they introduced Ryker and our family. They told Ryker's story and gave us an opportunity to speak. I had an idea of what I wanted to say but thought I'd just say what was in my heart and I did. We are so full of gratitude! And one day we will pay it forward.

The week ended on an even happier note when Ryker ate food from a spoon AND didn't throw it up! You would never guess what he loves. Baby food PEAS!! In my 22 years of being an Aunt and Mom I've never met a baby that liked peas! I of course added butter because that's what the doctor ordered. Seriously. I've tried SO many different foods only to have it throw up on me or have him turn his head and refuse it all together.

We also started this week off with a happy weight check! Ryker is up to 16 pounds 2 ounces!

We've learned that Ryker has his ups and downs but if you don't celebrate the ups, you will never make it through the downs.




1 comment: