Friday, August 1, 2014

We have a 20 Pounder!

Ryker is finally on the growth curve for his weight! Yay!!! He's in the 2 percentile and I couldn't be happier. In our society today we place such an importance on being in the 90th percentile, walking early, etc. However, having Ryker has taught me that some kids grow at their own speed and in their own time.  I've never worked so hard to get a child ON the growth chart! 
We met with his Gastroenterologist yesterday and he said to keep doing what we are doing because it's working!



 He has not been a good eater lately so I've been using his feeding tube quite a bit, which I'm grateful for. However, yesterday a friend offered him cheese puff balls and he ate 8 of them without gagging, retching, or vomiting! Anyone who knows Ryker, knows this is a huge accomplishment! I was so happy to see him enjoy eating and have a dirty face!
PS This post is brought to you by, Ryker sleeping in 2 hours late! This NEVER happens. I don't know how some Mama's post daily or weekly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment