Monday, January 20, 2014

Baby Steps

So, Ryker saw his GI doc (Gastroenterologist) last week. I asked him about Russell Silver Syndrome (a rare form of Dwarfism) and gave him some journal articles my nurse friend had printed for me. He hadn't even heard of it. I didn't expect him to, I was just hopeful. He said to talk to the Geneticists about it in March.
However, I asked him about stopping Ryker's Erythromycin medication (helps with digesting food faster) since he takes lots of fruits by mouth including prunes! He said sure! It's now day 4 and I've never been so happy to have my baby poop! I also, started him on Greens First. It's like Juice Plus if you've ever heard of that. I just mix it in with his chicken, prunes, and a probiotic. He LOVES it AND it's good for him! Anytime we stop a medication we celebrate! 
Today Ryker weights 14 pounds 4 ounces or 6.46 kilograms. I've learned that all the answers don't come at once, but I can research and do all I can so when those answers do come, I am well prepared. Knowledge is power. 


4 comments:

  1. That smile says, my mom takes the best care of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. He love you too!:) Thanks again for all your help Emily! The blog looks amazing!

      Delete