Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Lessons learned...

Nothing makes me happier than to see my baby eat...through his mouth! I was thinking of how I nursed my other kids till they were at least 1 year old without a problem and that was the best thing for them. Well, Ryker has shown me that every baby is different and even though I didn't get to nurse him for long, I'm still giving my baby nourishment and bonding with him. Whether it's a bottle, through his G-tube or through the IV in his arm, I'm giving my baby the BEST thing for him. 
I never dreamed I'd have a baby that would struggle so much to grow and thrive....to not be sick...to not have to fight for their little life. The day Ryker was born the doctor said he was a fighter. Weeks later during his long hospital stay, doctors and nurses were always commenting on what a fighter he was. To this day, I've never seen a kid SO determined to roll over or try to sit up. He grunts and groans trying so hard...it's his attitude. He teaches me determination and patients. 
Since his pain level has decreased immensely, he smiles more times than not. Someone asked me if he smiled all the time because in his pictures he is always smiling! It's true. He's a happy boy. Content with life. 



14 pounds 9 ounces and counting...

5 comments:

  1. Excellent, and makes one appreciate the small things......!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love baby Ryker! He IS a fighter and so are his parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy! We love you guys and hope we can see ya in a couple weeks.:)

      Delete
  3. Just a thought....have you considered chiropractic care?? Ive read about some real turn around stories with FTT. Bless you and your family.
    https://www.google.com/#q=failure+to+thrive+chiropractic

    ReplyDelete